Volunteer Opportunities - General
Volunteers give the best gift; themselves. One of Tri-County’s greatest assets is the volunteers that contribute their time and talent to make Tri-County valuable to the clients and the community. While money and materials are essential in providing services through programs of Tri-County Services in Liberty, Montgomery and Walker counties; the heart of our work is people - both the people we serve and the people who help us as volunteers. Volunteers giving their time to our programs receive tremendous rewards in smiles, the looks of pride and hope, the achievements of those they help and the knowledge that they make a difference in helping others work toward brighter tomorrows. Volunteers make things happen for Tri-County. It is with the tremendous positive attitude of volunteers that we can accomplish whatever we set out to do. Volunteering is affective and achievable. Start by helping today.
If you are interested in any of the opportunities below, please contact Shane Burks at (936) 521-6100 or email@example.com.
All volunteers will undergo a criminal background check, personal interview and be able to provide 2 references.
We can currently use volunteers in the following areas:
- Administrative - Provide administrative support to Tri-County staff (filing, organizing, data entry, answering phones and other office duties).
- Special Events Volunteers – Assist with fundraising and special event activities held throughout the year.
- IDD Volunteers – work directly with our clients in our Life Skills classes during classroom activities and trainings.
- Spanish Speaking Volunteers – to help translate relevant information for our clients on an as needed basis.
- Mentoring Program – Serve as a mentor for clients with developmental and intellectual disabilities. Attend community events together, sporting events, etc. Serve as role model for the client and be a ‘buddy.’
- From the heart – assist with gift wrapping or donate gifts or adopt a family during our Holiday program.
Tri-County would love to host your group and provide a variety of opportunities for your group to donate their time! We can accommodate groups of all ages. To better understand where your group could serve, please contact Shane Burks at (936) 521-6100 learn about the specific needs of Tri-County. If you have a project or would like to help in some specific way please give me a call to discuss. We are always open to new ideas!